Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome to the Intel Teach / Vernier STEM training Blog

I am so excited that Intel Teach® and Vernier® teamed to provide this STEM training. As a Science Teacher, I have long felt that Math, Technology, and Engineering are closely integrated. I look forward to this week as a way for us to identify ways to implement STEM into our existing curriculum. This is not meant as a training to replace something we already are supposed to teach.

I teach Middle School science at Orem Junior High School in Utah. I strongly believe that STEM is an important aspect of our student's future. My thinking is that technology should be a transparent part of the curriculum - not a "show and tell" activity done on an irregular basis.

2 comments:

  1. I am very happy to have this opportunity. I was trying to find a way to integrate these subjects into my curriculum in a hands-on way. I teach teen parent high school girls at MTC Works in Tillamook County. All are at-risk, but they are intelligent girls who need to see how they can fit into STEM careers and build confidence. Many have an interest in science related fields.

    We are fortunate to have strong partners in our community, and I look forward to the new partnership with Intel and Vernier. I know it will make a diference in the lives of my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to learning how to integrate STEM into my Math and Science classes.

    ReplyDelete